Monday, August 31, 2009

New Respect

This is going on my third week of unemployment and after 30 plus years of working, it sucks.
I have a new respect for those people who call and ask "are you hiring"? Believe me, it's pretty humbling. Especially when you get someone on the other end who has an attitude or acts like she's annoyed that she has to answer your call. If the tables were turned, I think the response would be a bit more compassionate.


Last week I had the opportunity to travel to the Northwest. It was so special to spend time with some friends and just hang out without an agenda.



This is Moriah and she's seven. She's displaying one of the many pictures she colored or created for me. I wish I had a dollar for every time she said to me "I love you Auntie Jeri." She's a very special little girl.




This is a picture of my three "God children". They bring me lots of smiles and joy. Aren't they beautiful?




Saturday afternoon, the family took me to Mt. Bachelor and we all rode the ski lift to the top. What a spectacular view from up there. This picture was taken at the bottom before we went up.

All this was taking place while my husband was getting ready to run the last leg of the Hood to Coast Relay. He ran the final leg for his team which finished in 29 hours, 748th place, with very little sleep. Congratulations to Team Vyanet. Well done!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love those god-children, Aunt Jeri! Such cute pics. Congrats to Cliff for running and finishing. It sounds brutal. So give him a hug from me.

    I am so sorry about the job situation. It sounds brutal, too. If they only knew who was calling them, it would be a different response on the line. I'll keep that whole thing in my prayers.

    Love you Jeri girl. So glad you are blogging.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete